Memorial Day Work & Worship
Work & Worship 2013: Join us in preparing camp for the busy upcoming summer months!
We are excited to welcome guests over the next two weekends here at Covenant Pines to help us out with lots of projects around camp! After the flood this past summer, 20+ inches of snow in April and a handful of trees getting cut down, there is plenty of work to do! We will be assembling new bunks in the Retreat Center, so guests staying in that facility should be aware.
There is still limited space available for our Work and Worship Retreat over Memorial Day weekend. Listed below are the projects we hope to accomplish and what tools are needed to help you prepare for the weekend. If you have any questions, please call camp at (218) 768-2610. We look forward to seeing you!
Please bring any tools that would be useful for the projects listed below in addition to those specifically listed.
Note: Covenant Pines has recently begun putting up a concrete retaining wall at the beach. WE NEED A STONE CUTTING SAW FOR THE RETAINING WALL. If anyone has a contact for us, let us know. Email firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP with information on a saw.
- Installing windows and siding Silver Beach house (take off old windows and siding)
- Building swimming beach retaining wall (w/ landscape block)
- Assembling bunk beds in the Retreat Center (take down old)
- Assembling Large Swing set at Silver Beach
- Emptying “old pole barn”
- Repairing and put out docks
- Cleaning up around old pole barn
- Camp cleanup on hay wagon– great for kids!! (picking up sticks & trash)
- Splitting wood
- Cutting wood around camp and clearing trails with a chainsaw
- Organizing Garage sale
- Lawn care/Raking
- Staining Decks
- Cleaning/ Dusting in RC, Oakridge, Fireside, etc
- Cleaning gutters
- General “fix it projects”
- Weeding flower beds
- Building stone fire pits
- Painting Retreat Center Rooms
- Photographing and posting things on Craigslist
- Painting Round Lake cabin fascia
- Cleaning Silver Beach cabins
- Small engine tune
- Helping in the kitchen
- Office work
- Work gloves/gardening gloves
- A general tool bag for fix it projects
- Drills (most screws around camp are T25 or Philips)
- Socket Set
- Chain saws with safety gear
- Paint brushes/rollers/other supplies
- Lawn mowers
- Leaf blowers
- Trailers for sticks/logs and misc. projects
- Sawzalls for “old pole barn” cleanup
The retreat begins Friday AFTER 4 PM (no evening meal provided) and ends after lunch on Monday. Please bring additional cleaning supplies and tools. Childcare is not provided.
|Memorial Day Work & Worship|
|May 24-27, 2013|
PricingCosts: 3 nights, 8 meals
- Adults $30
- Youth ages 4-12 are 1/2 price
- Children ages 0-3 are free
Work & Worship Activities
With summer just around the corner, help prepare camp for the upcoming months of ministry! On Saturday and Monday, work with family, friends and staff on work projects for all ages around camp. On Sunday, enjoy a time of worship, rest, relaxation and fun! Come and enjoy the great food, time with family and friends, projects, worship and more!
Work & Worship Speaker
Matt Braun – Camp Director
Matt Braun started at Covenant Pines in September 2012. He grew up in the northern suburbs of Chicago and spent many summers at Covenant Point Bible Camp in Iron River, MI, as a camper and on staff. After graduating from North Park Theological Seminary in 2007 he spent five years at Portage Lake Covenant Bible Camp in Onekama, MI, before coming to Covenant Pines. Matt is married to Beth and they have one daughter, Malin. He enjoys basketball and soccer, but is especially excited about the upcoming football season—especially when the Bears play the Vikings.